I hate protestors as much as anyone does.
But these latest protests over the Olympics torch relay are just ridiculous.
I don’t agree with what the Chinese government has done to Tibet, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to go and make a complete arse of myself like these wankers have done in the UK, France and most likely Australia, when it comes here.
Reasons they are idiots :
1. It’s the Olympics – it’s about sport, coming together, competing for your country and putting aside political indifferences for a few weeks.
2. Was Iraq booed at the Athens Olympics? No, they were cheered for putting aside all the troubles in their country, and proudly competing for their country.
3. One of the main concerns of these protestors is the violence in Tibet.
What about the violence they are imposing on these people carrying the flame! One poor woman nearly had her arm ripped off when an idiot protestor grabbed the torch. She then nearly copped the full flame of the torch in her face!
4. Is putting out the Olympic flame going to bring justice to Tibet? No, I don’t think so.
5. What about the actual torch bearers – these people have been chosen to carry the flame through their city because they have contributed to society. What have these protestors contributed? Fuck all I bet, apart from being a nuisance.
If I had contributed something to society, other than this shitty blog, and was able to be a torch relay runner, I’d make sure that if one of those pathetic protestors came near me, I’d use the torch as a light-sabre – Luke Skywalker style – to belt them around their head and then put the flame out in their face!
Bring on the Olympics!