surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bye-Bye

“Starbucks cites problems at home and an under-estimation of local coffee culture for closures.”

Yeah, the local Australian coffee culture likes good coffee, not that watered-down, extra-milky crap that you take 10 minutes to make.

Now every other coffee shop owner in Australia will be rubbing their hands together.

Shame so many people are going to loose their jobs.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yes, I was there when my local girls and guys were given their verdict, and I had the best cafe mocca in my hands...very sad for me, and for my girls who love their babycino's.

4:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I will admit I do miss a good cup of regular Vittorio coffee in Oz, however, along the line of SB in Australia (which does not taste the same as the US), I also HATE HATE HATE Gloria Jean's.

Why?

Crappy, shitty service. Burned coffee. Wouldn't heat up milk for my son.

Starbucks did.

9:50 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

I'm sooo sad today after those cheating All Blacks stole the game from us !!!

1:50 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

I've only had a Starbucks coffee once, and hated it. But I feel sorry for everyone losing a job. And eileendover missed another reason to hate Gloria Jeans- they are owned by Hillsong (or a really high-up Hill$ong member), and I'd rather see them disappear than Starbucks.

7:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home