surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Brain Snap

Have you noticed lately how common it’s become for people to use the term ‘brain-snap’ as an excuse to get out of something stupid they have done!

It seems to be used by well known people – mainly sporting people, and more specifically Rugby League players and coaches – for when they fuck up big time.

The do or say something stupid, but when questioned about it, they seem to be exonerated as soon as they say, “oh, I had a brain snap.”
Oh, well that’s ok then.
It doesn’t matter that you glassed your girlfriend, threw a phone at someone or accused a whole sport of being cheats and biased, you said it was just brain snap, so you’re ok then.

And so what the fuck IS a ‘brain-snap’?
Well, I had to google it and here is the answer (by the way I googled this after I had written the above) :

BRAIN SNAP - the term used by famous people (and normal people) to justify doing something really stupid that if they'd taken half a second to think about it they probably wouldn't have done it anyway. It's a cheap way of saying sorry for doing something dumb and not taking any slack for it.

You know what – I don’t think ‘normal people’ use this term at all and I think the last sentence explains it all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I use "brain fart". Usually in a sentence:

"I'm such a fuckwit. Major brain fart."

7:15 pm  
Blogger Bo Bo said...

Our own Kevin Rudd has even used it.... Now that explains allot.

9:34 am  
Blogger phishez said...

Yeah, I'm with Michelle here. Its called a brain fart.

7:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home