surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Aussie Flag

In 1993 I moved to American and lived for 2 years.
I couldn’t believe how patriotic they were. The Stars and Stripes were everywhere – outside buildings, schools, Universities and even out the front of many people’s houses.
Looking at this, I often thought how un-patriotic we (Australians) were – you rarely saw the Australian flag anywhere, let alone out the front of people’s houses.

In recent years I think we have thankfully become extremely patriotic.
Unfortunately I think it has come about from September 11 and world-wide terrorism.
But it is great, the patriotism, that is, and about time. We have the best country in the world and we should be bloody proud.

Australians, wear, show, fly your Australian flag wherever and whenever you feel like it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah fair enough. but then you have dickheads that are using the flag to intimidtae others- thats not very patriotic is it? eh ? eh? but whatever...fuck it.

5:52 pm  
Blogger Mars said...

define Australian, in your book..

6:14 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Ribs - I don't think I've ever seen a flag used to intimidate others, except for those idiots at Cronulla.
Mars - see todays post.

3:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home