surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, August 04, 2008

Is there a god?

Is there a god?

Sometimes I really wonder.

I’m not a religious person by any means. I don’t know who or what to believe in.

Two wonderful people that are very close to me and my family are extremely ill.

And if I was to name two of the kindest, most unselfish and loving people, these two would be in the top five.

Both of them are generous, loving, thoughtful people and above all, are quite religious too.

So it begs the question – is there a god?

And when you see what’s happening to these two, you really start to wonder.

6 Comments:

Blogger Fanny said...

I have had similar experiences lately. There is no God. That is my firm belief.

6:23 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the shit i got put through for no good fuckin' reason?

god is a CUNT. you can bank that.

7:56 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Christian god is meant to be feared and obeyed. I wouldn't want to bow at the feet of someone/something like that. The other gods are just as far-fetched. So I vote no. There is only us and there is nothing that we can do about the natural process of life. We are born. We live. We die. The end.
This makes it no easier to accept the suffering of a friend.

2:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to believe in people, mate. They're real.

12:03 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Fan - I hear you.
KKBB - Your input is deep and meaningful as always...
Lailani - I think you might be right.
Mike - Well put.

9:26 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have yet to see adequate justification from any Christian for the simultaneous existence of a loving, all-powerful god and the suffering of innocent people.

7:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home