surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, December 04, 2006

My Favourite Albums

JJJ conducted a poll on Australia’s Favourite Album.
Last night they aired the Top 10.
The show itself wasn’t too bad - Myf looked hot, Judith Lucy said the only funny thing she has ever said in her life, and it was giving shit to that twat Dicko about crappy Australian Idol – talking about killing 2 birds with one stone.
The only thing that ruined the show was that some idiot Australian Idol wanker made it onto the list at No.32. If I’d seen that at the start of the show, I would have switched off straight away. What a joke.

Anyway, he’s my list.

My Top 10 Albums:
Chemical Brothers – Surrender
iOTA – The Hipbone Connection
Radiohead – Pablo Honey
Radiohead – Ok Computer
U2 – Achtung Baby
Pearl Jam – Vs
You Am I – Hourly Daily
The Verve – Urban Hymns
*The Rolling Stones – Hot Rocks (Best of..)
*The Beatles – Red Album 1962 - 1966

(I’m sure the purists would say that you can’t have a “best of” album, but this is my list, my blog, so I can do what I want!)

Notable Mentions :
Radiohead – Kid A
Radiohead – The Bends
U2 – Rattle & Hum
U2 – Joshua Tree
U2 – All that you’ve left behind
The Prodigy – Fat of the Land
Oasis – What’s the Story Morning Glory?
Coldplay – Rush of Blood to the Head
Pearl Jam – Ten
Wolfmother – Wolfmother
Sex Pistols – Nevermind the Bollocks
Nirvana – Nevermind
Audioslave – Audioslave
The Cure – Mixed Up
INXS – Kick
Jeff Buckley – Grace
Jimi Hendrix – Are you experienced?
Powderfinger – Vulture Street
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Smashing Pumpkins – Siamese Dream
St Germain – Tourist
Jebediah – Slightly Odway
Jebediah – Of Someday Shambles
Stone Temple Pilots – Core
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
Singles Soundtrack – Various Artists

7 Comments:

Blogger Foofa said...

I'm just not sure how Pablo Honey ended up before OK computer but it's ok. It's your list not mine.

7:48 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Pablo Honey was one of my fave albums when it came out in 1993, a long time before everyone jumped on the Radiohead bandwagon.
Plus, the top 10 wasn't really in order.

9:04 am  
Blogger Julia said...

*sigh* Radiohead.

Nice list.

6:42 pm  
Blogger kiki said...

i'm with you on many of these

and that movie 'singles' had the best grunge soundtrack ever!

i did this too...

9:18 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

JB - Thanks.
Kiki - Yeah Singles rocks. I like to movie too, it's like "spot the rockstar".

5:31 pm  
Blogger Rowena said...

Violent Femmes' self titled album pretty much corrupted my 13-year-old self.

Why can't I get just one ...

10:03 pm  
Blogger Aurelius said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who rates Achtung Baby U2's best offering.

BTW, it's called "All That You Can't Leave Behind"

6:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home