surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Reason No. 398,656,923 of Why I HATE Soccer

“Manchester United fans and Italian police clashed during the half-time break at the Champions League quarter-final with AS Roma, which the English side lost 2-1 on Wednesday.
Television pictures from Rome's Olympic Stadium showed Italian police wading in and flailing at Manchester United fans with batons with several United fans bleeding profusely from head wounds.”


Shit like that would never happen in Rugby Union or most other sports.

I was at a 5 Nations (as it was called at the time) Rugby match between Wales and Scotland. A huge contingent of Scottish fans, singing Flower of Scotland and other great Scottish ‘war cries’ descended on an even bigger collection of singing Welsh fans. My immediate action was that it wasn’t looking good and that I was going to get caught up in the middle of one massive brawl between the Scots and the Welsh.

To my complete amazement, when the two swarms of countrymen met together, they abandoned their nations songs and instead joined forces to sing together, chanting and putting down England!

Fantastic!

6 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Love that singing, I think I would watch the crowd more than the game if I were there.

1:03 pm  
Blogger Del said...

I went to a Socceroo's V Denmark game when I was in London and...wait for it...you can't buy or take alcohol in there. Meaning no beer or anything!!!
Thats enough of a reason for me to hate soccer!!

3:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My enemy's enemy must be my friend.

4:38 pm  
Blogger Bud Fox said...

These @ssholes are not fans mate. all piss and chaz heads with small dicks and even smaller brain cell

4:40 am  
Blogger Bud Fox said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:41 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Caz - yeah its awesome
Del - I wouldn't go.
Mike - I think I understand.
Bud - I know mate.

8:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home