surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Favourite Places

Inspired by Cazzie’s question from yesterday of “What has been my favourite place?”, I would have to say the following are my Top 5 :

1. Cancun, Mexico – I LOVE all things Mexican – tequila, margaritas, jalapenos, burritos, fajitas, chilli, tostadas, nachos, Corona, Dos Equis etc etc.
So when you combine all of that, friendly people, 30+ degrees heat, on a coastal town with magnificent beaches and clear water, than I am in heaven.

2. Los Angeles, USA – I really like LA and up to Santa Barbara. I like the location, the lifestyle and the excitement of LA and the beauty of Santa Barbara.

3. The Rockies, Colorado, USA – I have been very fortunate to go skiing in Colorado at Breckenridge and Keystone on two separate occasions. The skiing is phenomenal, especially compared to the crap in Australia, and the scenery is breathtaking. But don’t get me wrong, it was bloody cold, dropping to -25c on several days.

4. London, UK. I have a love / hate relationship with London. I really enjoyed living over there, the culture, the history, the closeness to Europe, trekking through the city and finding new bars / pubs / stores.

And finally, at number 5 (and I’m going to cheat here), I would have to say Europe. I really like Amsterdam for its culture, canals and architecture, Biarritz for combining surf and all things French, and Switzerland as a whole country for its sheer beauty. I also really enjoyed my time working in Belgium – exploring new cities, new foods and new beers every day.

Notable mentions – Dallas, Singapore, Hong Kong, New York, Melbourne & Sydney

7 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Yay! Siddeney!

1:10 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Your own country doesn't rate in your top five?
Shame on you!!!

1:21 pm  
Blogger The Exception said...

What about Perth?

And Dallas...? Seriously?

Question, since you have traveled so much, where did you find the most desirable women? Men I know say Thailand and Portugal.

3:13 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

ED - yeah I do love Sydney and often wish I was living back there.
Steph - If I said the Gold Coast, people would laugh.
Exception - never been to Perth, but want to. I lived in Dallas for 2 years playing rugby and chasing girls - AWESOME! Best girls are in London, the Gold Coast & Sydney.

9:10 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Nice list - can't wait to go to Mexico for those very reasons...

3:30 pm  
Blogger The Exception said...

I loved Perth when I was there, but then again, I loved Darwin in a way as well. Australia has so much (including some hot men) too bad it is on the other side of the world and isolated - or is that a good thing?!

4:54 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

JB - oh you'd love Mexico. It would probably be my favourite out of them all.
Excep - being isolated is both good and bad. Although I think mainly bad as we are so far away from so many great places.

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home