surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What happens to incompetent Politicians?

They get fired and then sent to Italy!

For those of you who don’t know, I loathe politics and anything to do with it.
But I couldn’t help comment on Amanda Vanstone’s perks for when she goes to Italy.

Perks include :
- Overseas Allowance
- Household Assistance
- Provision for a Vehicle
- Language Training to $5,000
- Driver for official functions (like going to work???)
- Butler
- Chef
- Maid
- Gardner
- and my favourite, an Outfit Allowance. Judging by her attire in the picture below, I hope she isn’t allowed to spend her allowance by herself and that someone is made to shop with her...

She will also be living in a 4-level house in Rome worth about $11.2 million, which if you work out rent at 5% of that value, it’s over $10,000 per week!

Maybe I should get involved in Politics, get fired for being useless, and end up somewhere nice in Europe… There is an election coming up and I’ve always fancied spending some more time in Amsterdam…



10 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

Didn't you know it's her "thing" to wear colored shirts and black skirts, no , really, I read it someplace, she actually said it.

She should use her wardrobe allowance with Trinny and Susannah, they'd whip her into style. She definatley needs a wardrobe advisor.

P.S I think her kite is really lovely.

2:20 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

I couldn't care less what she wears. Even if it's bad, at least it's more interesting than a suit.

But I'm with you on wanting a cushy diplomatic job... god that would be nice!

4:41 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

Could be worse, she could be writing more songs and inflicting them on the unsuspecting public.

I'll have a cushy diplomatic job in London, thanks!

I agree with Jen - I love the kite.

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our present ambassador to Italy has 8 months left on his posting. However, he was given three hours notice, Get Out! Amanda's moving in.

10:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, nice kite.

But what is her arm doing in the picture? Is she trying to swat it?

10:22 pm  
Blogger Neily said...

Her wardrobe allowance is obviously at Miller's. Obviously her chef isnt doing agreat job either and her stylist? Please!

Its probably worth you tax payers paying her to leave the country then paying to keep her in it.

1:57 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Politics is a joke - next!

"Language Training to $5,000" *sigh*

Hahaha Neily - it is pure Miller's!

8:57 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

DJen - No I didn't know, I change channels whenever she is on tv.
Sarah - yes, more 'interesting' than a suit, but not better.
Magic - true.
Mike - I think she's grabbing the kite to try and eat it. I think she has already eaten the kid that was flying it...
Neily - hahaha nice one, I think you're dead right there.
JB - I totally agree!

9:17 am  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

She looks like a bad Mrs Doubtfire.

7:35 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

ED - hahahaha - you should win a prize for that comment!

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home