surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Friday, September 28, 2007

Concerts

I am a big music fan and always have been. There is a recording of me singing ABBA when I was only 3 years old.

Over the years I’ve had the chance to go to some great concerts and see some great bands. Here is a list of the ones I can remember (dates might not be exact…) :

Crowded House / Split Enz - The Spit, Gold Coast, Australia 1990
Hunters & Collectors - The Spit, Gold Coast, Australia 1990
Midnight Oil – The Spit, Gold Coast, Australia 1991
Nirvana – Fisherman’s Wharf, Gold Coast, Australia 1991
Hoodoo Gurus – Fisherman’s Wharf, Gold Coast, Australia 1991
Hoodoo Gurus – Fisherman’s Wharf, Gold Coast, Australia 1992
Tripping Daisy – (Local Dallas band) Dallas, USA 1993
Silverchair – Dallas, USA 1996
You Am I – London 1997
Silverchair – London 1997
Chemical Brothers – Big Day Out, Sydney Australia 2000
Magic Dirt & Jebediah - Sydney Australia 2001
Sonicanimation - Homebake, Sydney Australia 2001
Chemical Brothers – Hordern Pavillion, Sydney Australia 2002
Powderfinger – Hordern Pavillion, Sydney Australia 2002
iOTA – 10 times, best was at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Australia 2002
The Rolling Stones – Enmore Theatre (only 2,200 people!) Sydney, 2002
Tim Rogers - Sydney Opera House, Sydney Australia 2003
U2 – QEII Stadium, Brisbane, Australia 2006


Out of all of those, the 3 best would be :
1. Chemical Brothers @ Big Day Out – just AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! One of the highlights of my life!
2. Rolling Stones – at the Enmore Theatre that seats only 2,200 people. The ticket agency received 550,000 phone calls trying to buy tickets! And I was one of the lucky ones.
3. U2 – I have been a massive fan since 1989 and never got the chance to see them until last year.


What are some of your highlights?

9 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Tripping Daisy! I loved them and thought no one else remembered them!

Chemical Brothers would have been great *sigh*

And you were one of the lucky Rolling Stones fans! I didn't even bother trying to call and get tickets, knew I had no chance.

Some of my faves:
* Motley Crue in 2005 (I flew down to Melbourne because the only seats left here were crap). Absolutely awesome.
* The Doors Of The 21st Century with Ian Astbury (2005? 2006?), much to my great surprise. I had no interest in going but my other Doors-obsessed friend and I decided to go at the last minute. I hate the idea of it and it's pure milking it for the money, but I have to say, Ian was sex-on-legs.
* Radiohead (2005? 2006?) was one of those pinch-me experiences.
* The Rakes this year just outside of Paris at a music festival, at midnight with hardly anyone else there (except for a French creep who wouldn't stop nuzzling me from behind) was so much fun.

Hey, what about RHCP! I've seen them 3 times including this year.

10:32 am  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Go the Stones...that is all.

8:31 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

Robbie Williams- *sigh* I will never forget that night.

9:20 pm  
Blogger Enny said...

Bjork, Canberra, 1996

Muse, BDO, 2007

Regina Spektor, Enmore Theatre 2007

:o)

11:01 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Enny, my sister said that Regina Spektor concert was something very special.

Chemical Brothers will be back in February or March, but I won't be here :-(

12:01 am  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I would love to see U2 in concert. The others? Naw. Except Nirvana. That would fucking rule.

5:43 am  
Blogger Enny said...

Regina Spektor was just amazing!

1:57 pm  
Blogger Doll Face said...

wow we have different taste in music...

lets see The Cat in the Hat (2005? 2006? )

James Brown about 5 months before he died - awesome, awesome, awesome

4:03 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Julia - So jealous you have seen Radiohead, can't believe you know Tripping Daisy, and I'm not really a huge fan of RHCP even though I have most of their albums.... Motley Crue??!!?? I bet you were the only non-bogan there.
Caz - oh they were good.
Steph - I bet he would be entertaining.
Enny - I heard Muse were good at the BDO.
JB - Must go and see CB's again.
t.a.b - Yeah most of the bands are Australian so you've probably never heard them.
Nat - Who the fuck is Cat in the Hat? I do like James Brown a lot too.

9:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home