surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Text me, text me now....

As regular voyeurs of this blog will know, I’m not afraid of a bit of kiwi-bashing. In fact, I’d go so far as saying that I enjoy it.

And when something like this happens, I just love it.

This morning, the following test messages occurred :

Anonymous (from an overseas phone number that started +64) : Hi
SC : Who’s this?
Anon : Looking for Jim. I may have the wrong number. Sonny.
SC : Yep I think you have the wrong number.
Anon: It seems strange that your message comes back with “Jim” at the top?
SC : Probably because you have MY number stored in your phone under the name “Jim”.
Anon : Umm, yes, I think you might be right.

I had my suspicions, and checked the internet to see what country code +64 was.

Yep, you guessed it – our sheep-lovin cuzzie bro’s to the east, New Zulland.

8 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

Just be thankful the aussie standing next to him in the pub smacked im and stopped him from sending back his message that said "Hey Jum you wuldnt believe it bro but I've just bin tradin tixt missages with another guy with your same number...."

9:26 pm  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

I'm kind of sad you and I aren't el texto buds.

:(

Now, can you reply back and ask if the guy is cute? I'm kind of out and looking for a man, and if he gets up on the sheep at night, then at least he'd leave me alone.

3:39 am  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Ha! Are they notoriously dim witted?

7:18 am  
Blogger Max said...

Did you see the 20/20 cricket the other night. I glanced over and saw a snippet on sport tonight 'play of the day' I'm sure it was a Kiwi that when when throwing the ball back to the keeper 'falconed' his team mate.

Right in the side of the head... beautiful...

doubt it knocked any sense into him tho !

8:27 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Be careful. He'll accuse of hacking into his phone next!! ;0

11:54 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Haha great stuff!

4:33 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

LOL...I got a Looooong text from some girl/woman in Melbourne complaining to someone (not me) about her herpes and the fact it was contracted after such and such affair etc...it was loooong!!!! So I texted back "you have got the wrong number"...she didn't believe me but eventually she did and apologised :)
I once got one that said "How about a Fuck?" and I hope it was a girl but alas it was no-one I knew and it was interstate...I checked lol

6:32 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Max - I hope so!
ED - I think it was actually a girl.
t.a.b - Yes Kiwi's are VERY dim witted!
Max - oh I wish I had seen that!
Steph - hahaha
JB - Yeah was funny.
Scorp - oh that is gold!

10:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home