surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Random Notes on Fiji :

- Most ironic sight was seeing a very poor young boy about 12 years old, without shoes, torn shorts but wearing a t-shirt with a massive Chanel logo on the front of it.

- Things I had to stop for or swerve to miss while driving in Fiji – 4 piglets, 1 cow, an old man, a horse, chickens, dogs, kids, buses, trucks, cars.

- Funniest quote of the trip. My four year old daughter, after watching the local villagers perform an awesome dance routine, asks : “Mum, Dad, can you become black, so I can become black, so that I can then dance with the other black people from Fiji?”

- Dumbest quote of the trip. “Sir, would you like another Fiji Gold (beer)?”

- The one and only thing I missed while being away from Australia – a really good coffee.

- The things I miss about Fiji now that I am back in Australia – warm weather, laying by the pool all day, fantastic people, Fiji Gold (beer), wearing nothing but boardies and thongs, not shaving every day, champagne at 6pm and night-caps at 8pm, someone making my bed every morning and turning it down every night, fresh towels every day, and waking up each morning without a care in the world and nothing to do but swim, sunbathe, eat and drink!

- 3 Best parts of the trip :
1. Arriving at the resort - knowing I had 10 more days of doing nothing.
2. Snorkeling off Robin Crusoe Island – blew me away!
3. First beer after my surfing trip – liquid heaven!

- 3 worst parts of the trip :
1. Getting the flu with 2 days to go.
2. Leaving.
3. Flight delayed from leaving Fiji.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous that you went to Fiji. It's going to take me a few days to get over this.

Sounds like a lovely relaxing trip.

12:50 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Coming down sick while on holiday- that sucks! Flying back with the flu must have been pretty awful too.

I wasn't particularly jealous about you going on holidays until you said it was Fiji... but I'm jealous now!

2:15 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Truly wonderful! Any photos?

I love Pacific Island beer!

3:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*green*

just *green*

5:59 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Fiji is my mom's favorite place on Earth. She is still trying to convince me that her retirement will consist of her building a grass hut on the beach and tanning there until she dies.

11:14 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Deb - was great.
Sar - being sick was not good, especially flying back.
Julia - Photos to come! Beer was great!
Mike - hahaha
T.A.B. - it really is a great place.

12:00 pm  
Blogger Doll Face said...

wonderful!

brought back so many memories. NYE 2005 - 2006, i *want* to feel sun on my skin again.

8:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home