surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Australia Day.



I’ve never been a big celebrator of Australia Day.

Not because I don’t want to or don’t ‘believe’ it in.

But I celebrate EVERY day as Australia Day.

For instance, on this past Australia Day, I did the following – went to the beach with the family, beers with my mates at the pub, got sunburnt, had a barbie, had a bet on the horses, lost money on the horses, won money on the horses, wore my thongs, boardies and t-shirt from sunup to sundown, watched Australia play sport on TV – and that is what I do EVERY weekend.

I do love Australia. And as someone who has spent nearly 5 years living overseas away from Australia, it makes me appreciate it even more.

Good on ya !

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent 10 years in America, Canada and the UK.

This shit is as good as it gets baby! I am a major Aussie-flag waver and to hell with those who are too stuck up their own arseholes to see how lucky they are to be here.

I am like you Cam. I Aussie my shit up on a daily basis. Booyah!

9:00 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wow, I love the image ..draped in a flag, way cool

10:41 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

thanks for the rad pic to go with your nice little post.

10:50 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

KitKat - I agree!
Caz - I think it's actually painted on...
Tabbie - anytime.

12:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home