surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Friday, February 22, 2008

13 Days

I was wondering how long it would take until “God” entered our house.

And it was 13 Days.

You see, the only decent schools near us are private and are all extremely religious. The public schools near us are as overcrowded as a Bali prison, with similar conditions and inhabitants...

So we sent the heir to the SurferCam fortune off to her new school.

And 13 days later, she asks her Daddy, who is about as religious as Satan’s nephew,

“Daddy, who is God?”

I looked around for some help, but was home alone (I am playing Mr Mum this week, which is a whole other post) and so there was no one to say “Go ask so-and-so..”

I thought of distracting her and wanted to respond with, “Oh honey, I think The Simpsons has started!” but chose not to.

Luckily after staring at my dazed face, Monkey carried on, “My teacher says that God is everywhere and looks after me.”

“Yes that’s right honey,” I said, then added, “I think The Simpsons has started.”

A few hours later, I heard Monkey singing, “God is good, God is great..”

Only 13 more years to go….

9 Comments:

Blogger Bo Bo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:35 pm  
Blogger Bo Bo said...

Monkey- God is like Homer Simpson. Homer created Bart, Lisa and Maggie just like God created you and me.

“But Homer is just a cartoon character daddy”

“Yes, yes he is”

12:38 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Yikes. That's indoctrination...

6:27 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I just asked Mia who God is and she says, "ummmmm, the big fat one". I presume that she is talking about the little overweight boy at school..I can't be sure. Nope, religion hasn't entered her classroom yet. They do offer Religious Ed classes at school..non denominational of course. There are 63 countries or so represented at the school alone...so bloody confusing hey.
I think Mia has only 3 other Aussie kids in her class, the rest are from African countries.
Still, The Simpsons is a good religion to follow, lol. I miss Futurama.

9:24 am  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh, I forgot to say, other half was stay at home daddy for about a year a few years ago, he had 4 kids to look after..that was another story too :)

9:25 am  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Hmm, didn't you sign something when putting her in school that allowed you to agree to her being taught those things?

I'm thinking of my own experience at a religious private school...

10:55 am  
Blogger Steph said...

One of my nephews absolutely LOVES scripture and always sings bible songs. It's hilarious coming from a family of Heathens!

11:43 am  
Blogger Julia said...

What a toughie for you. Isn't there enough to teach at school these days (religious or public) without "god is good god is great"?

9:29 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

man oh man, have you considered home school?

12:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home