surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I don’t have to tell you guys…


… but there are some weird people out there…

My house is on the market (went to auction on Sunday but didn’t sell. What a waste of fucking time.)

Therefore I am looking to buy another house.

So after not having much luck with real estate agents, I decided to do a letterbox drop and write a letter saying I am not a real estate agent but I am looking to buy a house in the area.

I dropped this letter off to nearly 400 houses, and it wasn’t a complete waste of time as I have got about 6 phone calls so far.

Last Thursday I had 3 missed calls from a local number. Then they left a message and this is the exact message left by some bizarre old woman :

“I got you letter about buying my house. I’m in (couldn’t understand what she said) Street. It’s not on the market but you can buy if for $700,000.”

And that was it. That was the entire message. No name, no number, no hello or good bye, no ‘call me back’. Nothing. And apart from that, I didn’t drop off any letters to any houses worth anywhere near $600,000, let alone $700,000…

About half an hour later I missed another one of her calls and then she called back again. This time I answered and this is the exact conversation :

SurferCam : Hello Cameron speaking.

Bizarre Old Woman : I got you letter about buying my house. It’s not on the market but you can buy if for $700,000. [click]

And she hung up on me.

Before I even had a chance to say yes or no or anything.

Weirdo. Thankfully she hasn't called back..... yet!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha! tell her your cock isn't on the market, but she can suck it for $7.50.

1:01 pm  
Blogger jiminycricket said...

Maybe you're the only human she's had contact in for the last 20 years... Looking after a house full of feral cats probably ties up a lot of her time. Which I think would probably devalue the house, unless of course you're into cat shit.

7:25 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

that bitch is crazy!

7:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha kitty! well played.

I smell a crank call....

6:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home