surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Stay at home Dad


A fellow blogger was airing her grief’s about being a stay at home Mum and I thought, what would my daily routine be if I was a stay at home Dad.

1. Wake up, make breakfast for me, wifey and kid.

2. Make lunch and pack bag for kid.

3. Put a load in the dishwasher and washing machine.

4. Drop kid at daycare / school.

5. Go for a surf.

6. Lunch at the pub and a few beers with the other stay at home Dads.

7. Put a few bets on the horses and/or dish-lickers.

8. Use the winnings to pay for dinner.

9. Pick up kid from daycare / school.

10. Go home. Tidy house. Unpack dishwasher. Hang out clothes.

11. Order takeaway for dinner.

12. Dinner arrives 10 mins before wifey.

13. Dinner is on the table as wifey walks in the door.

14. Have dinner and bottle(s) of wine.

15. Put kid to sleep.

16. Check Form Guide for tomorrow’s races.

17. Go to sleep excited that I get to do it all again tomorrow!

Where do I sign up for this gig!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

um....remove point five from your smug list bucko.

there is no daycare on one wage.

there is no school for mine yet.

re-write the list and make it SNAPPY!!!!

:P
p.s. only silly men think stay home mothering is like this. it's fucking bullshit. the penthouse letters are more real (and they are bullshit).

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also remove takeaway.

no money for takeaway.

get your fucking pinny on biatch and position your fine arse in front of that hot stove.

STAT!!!

1:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a stay at home mum....can I sign up for that gig too?! I'd even attempt surfing. If I could afford a surfboard. No surfboards on one wage. Don't worry about the pinny though. It gets in the way..

3:34 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

HAHAHAHAHA
I don't believe you.
I'm ready to sign up for the job of the year!

5:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are drawbacks, mainly financial ones......ah, who am I kidding. I love it. Can't think of anything worse than going back to work. Thank Buddah I have no skills and a husband who basically says sure, do whatever the fuck you want. Join us, Surfercam, life is good.

5:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no kids but if that's what it takes...I'll join you at the pub for an afternoon beer and pizza after surfing or some other activity. Sounds sweeeeeet!!

My friends that DO have kids would laugh their asses off if they saw this post!

6:03 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Anon - Lucky duck!
WTB - I DO have a kid, that's why I've put this forward.

9:20 am  
Blogger Bo Bo said...

While reading that I was thinking ‘Kitty’s gunna have something to say about this list’ and
Wola.

4:08 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Please - PLEASE sign me up too.

7:28 am  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

I'd LOVE to be able to stay at home, but I can't afford it.

9:08 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S He's a do whatever the fuck you want husband in a good way, not because he doesn't care. Just wanted to clear that up. Thank you for your time.

1:06 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

BoBo - oh yes, I knew she'd be first.
Tabbie - I hear ya.
Smack - I think that is the major flaw in all this.
Anon - Yeah I knew what you meant.

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home