surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Tragic

Addicted viewers and voyeurs of this blog, will remember a few months back when I was chased by a shark - apparently a 3 metre Tiger Shark - that subsequently scared the absolute fucking shit out of me.

(New readers or those who have forgotten, can click here and here to read about it)

Well unfortunately this morning, a young bloke was attacked and killed by a shark less then 2 kilometres from where I had my little run-in.

Poor bugger.

I try not to think that that could have been me back in January.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bo Bo said...

Not good mate at all

1:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch.

When your number's up, that's just unlucky. When your number's not up, you live to surf another day. (or wait longer in the Deli queue.)

5:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reinforces one of my life rules. Live now,goddammit. It could all be over in a heartbeat.

9:53 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

oh shit! Poor guy. And yeah- it could have been you for sure. At 2 km, it was probably the same shark.
Stay outta that water.

9:20 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Bo - Not at all.
Mike - Very unlucky. First one since 1993.
Anon - very true.
Tab - Yeah I won't be surfing there for a long while...

12:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home