surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, August 11, 2008

Up Front


I like to read about interesting people, not celebrities or wankers, but just your average ordinary people.

I guess that’s why I blog and enjoy reading other people’s blogs.

My favourite newspaper – Saturday’s Sydney Morning Herald – has a section called Up Front where each week a noteworthy person is interviewed using the same questions each week.

I will never be in the paper, so I just thought I’d ask myself the same questions that appear in Up Front.

My earliest memory was…. being 3 years old and finding a toy car in the sandpit of our new house – it was like finding treasure!

At school I…. never wanted to be there.

My first relationship was .... when I was 4, and she lived across the road – very handy. There’s even photos to prove it.

I don’t like talking about…. past girlfriends to a current girlfriend.

My most treasured possession is…. a box in the garage with book and movie ideas, photos and memorabilia from my childhood.

My mother always told me…. be kind to your mother.

I wish I had… enough money to retire. At 33 I could live everyday without ever going to work again and would never be bored.

I wish I hadn’t…. had those last 5 beers every time I go out for a big night.

My most humiliating moment was…. aged 7, showing off to my (female) cousins and split my pyjama pants…

My happiest moment was…. the day my baby girl was born. Nothing will ever beat that!

At home I cook…. rarely, because I get home too late. Otherwise various dead animals on the bbq and a fantastic Mexican Salsa.

My last meal would be…. Couple of green-label Dos Equis beers, beef carpaccio, bottle of Penfolds 389, 1 kilo steak with peppercorn sauce, side of Caesar salad, sticky-date pudding with fried ice-cream and several liqueur coffees.

I’m very bad at…. singing and getting distracted.

When I was a child I wanted to…. be older. I couldn’t wait to grow up

The book that changed my life was…. “The Firm” by John Grisham, because it got me into reading books.

It’s not fashionable but I love…. my cowboy boots that I got when I was living in America.

Friends say I am…. funny and moody.

The song I’d like played at my funeral is… “If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands” and / or “All I want is you” by U2.

If only I could…. retire.

The hardest thing I have ever done was… go through my parents split up.

What I don’t find amusing is…. that in such a modern world, there are still starving children.

The last belly laugh I had was…. watching the movie “Old School” – very funny!

I’m always being asked…. for directions. Whether here in Australia or overseas when even I am lost. People most see me as a friendly looking person.

Cat or dog… I hate cats.

If I wasn’t me, I’d like to be…. a Formula One driver – I’m not a rev-head, I just think it would be a wonderful and glamorous life that pays loads of money.

At the moment I’m listening to…. old CD’s – Pearl Jam, Nirvana and U2.

My favourite work of art is…. a drawing of an angel my daughter made for me last week.

My worst job was… four and a half horrendous shifts at McD’s

I often wonder…. how I will make enough money to afford a Porsche 911

Feel free to copy these questions and post them on your site with your answers – will be interesting to read your comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home