surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Crap Music Store

I wandered into a music store in Surfers during my lunchbreak trying to waste some time.

Out of nowhere this weirdo crazy manager accosts me.

Weirdo Crazy Manager – Hi! What’s your favourite song?
SurferCam - * WTF! * *Stares at her blankly - Do I look like I am 15?*

WCM – Ok. What’s your favourite band?

SC – Why?

WCM – Because I’ll play one of their albums for you.

SC - Radiohead.

WMC – Sorry we don’t have Radiohead.

SC - *looks around* This is a music store isn’t it?

And I walk out.

What crap.

Although next time I’m looking for Barry Manilow or Nana Mouskouri, I’ll know exactly where to go…

6 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

I hert Nanna MAskouri!!! She was my idol when I was a kid and eating a Sunday roast watching Let's Go Greece was my favourite time....am I still sane LOL

10:17 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

You should ask for Slim Whitman. If the manager is an alien his head will explode. (a-la Mars Attacks)

1:24 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

That's Surfer's for you...

You should have told her you like alternative bands, like Avril Lavinge or something :P

7:58 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Caz - I wouldn't tell too many people that...
Magic - Next time.
DJen - I think they only had music that you've never heard of (i.e. 1920's music) or music you never want to hear, like Idol crap.

9:07 am  
Blogger Mountjoy said...

It's a fine line between a "music shop" and a "record bar", SC... I think you stumbled into the latter.

9:58 am  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Nuts. I understand niche music stores but each store should have something that will be open to the public at large - how else would they make money?

8:22 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home