surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Your Fired!

Any of you out there ever been fired from you job?

I was once asked “not to come back on Monday” so I guess that in a way is being fired.
It was during Uni and I was working during the holidays for a landscaper planting trees.
Now I am a bit of a perfectionist, so while the others were throwing the plants in at 100 trees per hour, I was taking my time and doing about 20 an hour, making sure they were just right etc.
Boss wasn’t happy, called me Friday afternoon after I finished and said don’t come back on Monday… It's the only time I've been fired and I think the only time I've come close to it.

I bet there are a few of you out there who have some great reasons for being fired, so let me know.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I was pretty much told the same thing when I was fired from my job as a secretary, but in my case I think it was because I'd turned 21 and they wanted to replace me with the head secretary's 17 year old daughter. Not a good feeling.

I'm a bit like you when it comes to getting the fine details of even the crappiest job right- I take forever even just to clean the kitchen because I'll get sidetracked cleaning the grease from the nooks and crannies in the rangehood!

1:40 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

I would be firing the guys who did them quickly, I am a perfectionist and appreciate people who take care to do things properly :)

Never been fired, I did leave a job with no notice once. I told them I couldn't work there anymore because I had a new job, then just never bothered to turn up for the rest of my shifts..but then again lots of other staff did very similar things, they were dodgy.

7:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was fired from the Sizzle when I was 16. I was the salad bar girl and I wouldn't wash dishes. I told them I 'don't do dishes' and I was fired on the spot.

7:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't "fired"; I was "downsized".

Head office decided some branches needed trimming. 10 others went at the same time. It sure felt like getting "fired".

11:50 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Sar - Oh not good.
DJen - does sound dodgy.
Deb - hahaha I am the same - don't do dishes!
Mike - Ouch! I wouldn't like that to happen.

10:02 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best way to handle a sacking is handle it the George Costanza way.

Just pretend it never happened and go to work as normal.

7:33 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

hahahahahaha
Nice one Russ.
George is one of my idols!

10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home