surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Don’t die wondering…

Yesterday I was having a quick beer at the pub and was watching some of the horse racing.
There was an important race on and I had a really strong feeling about a horse that was running in it – it was a real outsider.

However, I realised that I only had $2 left in my wallet and wasn’t going to get any cash out. And I thought it would be a bit scummy if I went up and asked for $1 each way on a horse.

I watched the race and guess what – the fucking horse won!

If I had put $1 each way, so that’s $2 all up, I would have won about $46.
I still feel sick about it this morning.

Moral of the story – it’s better to lose $2 than to not win $46…

6 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

ROFLMAO...been there done that. We went to the races with work ,earlier this year, and the organiser gave me a tip. I put 10 each way and won a few hundred dollars. When I walked over to him waving my cash he sulked off. He didn't back his own tip lol

12:59 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

I think everyone has one of those stories. Never mind, you'll know to trust your instincts next time :P

1:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, losing $2 still hurts. It's just that losing $46 hurts 23 times as much.

12:10 am  
Blogger The Exception said...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Intuition is something I most always trust.

6:30 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Bastards law says that if you had have put your last coinage on that horse, the fucker would be still running right now. FACT.

1:38 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Scorp - You have to back your own tips!
DJen - Yeah I know.
Mike - ha exactly!
Ex - Yep I agree.
Steph - Of course!

4:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home