surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Bit scary really...

When I heard on Sunday about how there was a terrorist attack on Glasgow Airport I joked ‘what are they going to do next, blow up the Gold Coast Airport* ?’

I said this because even if those idiots managed to blow up the entire Glasgow Airport, it still wouldn’t shut the world down.
It’s not like if they blew up Heathrow, or JFK etc.

However I wasn’t in a joking mood when I heard that yesterday a terror suspect, who had been working at the Gold Coast hospital, was arrested and questioned in relation to UK terror attacks.

It just goes to show that no matter where you are, there could be danger.

And I think the best example of that would have been the Bali bombings – I mean who would have ever thought that terrorists would blow up two dodgy nightclubs in Bali?

Bit scary really.

* Gold Coast Airport – is a very small airport with about 20 flights per day, only 2 gates and about 3 airlines that use it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Surfercam, I've been doing some work lately at the desalination plant right behind Gold Coast Airport. I park my car almost up against the airport fence.

If I hear any big bangs, I'll let you know. However, if I suddenly go off the air...

10:40 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

I better keep a closer eye on you.

10:26 am  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Definately scarry shit hey? Avalon is also small and is close to here, only Jet Star use it, very scaryy

8:42 pm  
Blogger The Exception said...

Sexy men, fun women, great lifestyle, fabulous pubs... yep, I would say you need to take cover. ;)

Seriously, you just never know what is going to happen.

11:27 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Caz - Yeah you think a little town would be exempt but not to be.
Ex - Yeah I know

12:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home