surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Father of the Year….

… I don’t think so.
Monkey is 4 and is starting Prep next year and she went to her first school interview yesterday. She was interviewed by the Headmaster of quite a religious school. These are some of the questions he asked and her responses. Thankfully I wasn’t there…

Headmaster : What do you like to do on the weekend with your Mummy and Daddy?
Monkey: Mummy and I go to the park.
HM : What about Daddy?
Monkey : He just goes to the pub.

Headmaster : What do you like to do at night?
Monkey: Mummy and I read books and Daddy just sits on the couch and watches TV.

Being quite a religious school, the Pink Mafia decided that she should ask Monkey a few questions before the interview.
PM : Honey, do you know who Jesus and God are?
Monkey : Are they my friends at school?
PM : Umm, yes they are your friends, but they are not at school.
Monkey : Great. Are they going to take me to swimming lessons?

Thankfully she was asked before the interview, and thankfully the Headmaster didn’t ask her if she knew Jesus or God….

9 Comments:

Blogger Scorpy said...

LOL...Mine went thru the same thing when they started at Private school this year and I was lucky they were a bit older or they would have given the same answers LOL

12:28 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Oh shit, my little girl would give em a run for their dosh too I can tell ya. That has got me laughing so hard here, outta the mouths of babes hey.
So, ya goin to the pub tonight, LOL...

1:41 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

AHAHAHAH what a little sweetheart!

They're probably doing a lot of ticking and crossing on their paperwork for you buddy.

dont be surprised if you get school newsletters inviting you to mass on sunday :)

For the record, I went to a similar religeous interview with my ex-husband and our 11 year old. We both felt like we would spontaneously combust upon entry but made it through alive, with no judgement... not to our faces anyway LOL

11:31 am  
Blogger Steph said...

Wait. Hold the phone. You have a KID???

Good christ!

3:53 pm  
Blogger lucy said...

Yep, I second Steph here.

Surfercam has mini Cam's running around?

11:44 am  
Blogger Original Mel said...

My little bro went through a similar thing many years ago. Mum and dad being heathens were terrified, and taught him all about Jesus and God. Sure enough in the interview he was asked if he knew who God was. His response:

"Mum and dad told me about him and said he made the world. But my sister said he is pretend. She must be right because if he made the world where did he get all the play-do from?"

I was in so much trouble. And my little brother's philosophical musings began their development.

5:11 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Scorpy / Caz - I don't like how they are so honest. I'm looking forward to when she is older and can lie about her old man...
Smacky - Yes I worry about coming out in blisters over my entire body. But there is only one... that I know of...
Steph / Luce - Yes, I am living proof than ANY idiot can have a baby.
Mel - That's great!

9:43 am  
Blogger Julia said...

CUUUUte!

1:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi surfer, found you via SFBC.

I have a question, and I am sorry if this comes out as rude...

but why would y'all send your kids to religious school if you don't believe in God/Jesus/whatever?

It seems like you should send them to a public school - or a wealth-based private school, if the supposed quality of education is the reason!

3:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home