surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Old People

I used to love old people, but lately they are getting on my nerves.
One of my best mates is always going on about how old people shouldn’t be allowed out of the house between the hours of 7am and 9am, 12pm to 1pm and then 4pm to 6pm, because they are just clogging up the roads. One of his reasons behind this is “they have all day to do whatever it is they think is so urgent to do. Why can’t they wait until rush hour is over.”
I always laughed at him. But now I am starting to agree with him, especially the part about “they have all day to do it.”
Or in my case, they have all week to do it.
My neighbours on one side are well into retirement and have all day everyday to do whatever they like.
So when did they decide to mow their lawns? 8am on Sunday morning!
Yes 8am!
Yes Sunday!
Thankfully for them (and me) I was not hungover, otherwise it could have got very ugly.
But geez give me a break – they’ve got all week to mow their lawns, and I wouldn’t even care if they got up at 6am during the week and did it.
And it’s not the first time they’ve done this - they also did this on Australia Day, at about 7am.
Yes mowing the lawns is an Australian thing to do, but not on a public holiday when all us hard workers finally get a chance to sleep in.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dont start me on neighbours!

Dont these people realise Sunday morning is sacred! More than any other morning?

I mean, Sunday morning is the only morning that follows Saturday Night!

4:47 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Wicked you mention the mowing thing. As I was walking along to the school to get my kids today I heard a sound that was ever unfamiliar...the sound of a lawn mower!!! Since the water restrictions and all that I aint heard it in ages.
Tell ya what, go buy some round up, write whatever word takes ya fancy in their lawn with it, next time it rains the grass will get killed and whalllaaaaa....your word will appear. Make sure you do it in bigg nuff letters so the oldies can actually read it. LOL

5:24 pm  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

great post!

11:55 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Hun - I know, very sacred.
Caz - hahahaha that's great. I have done that once before with one of those Weed Wands - they're great for writing.
TK - Welcome to the world of SurferCam.

11:22 am  
Blogger Doll Face said...

Just wrong on Sunday mornings! 7am lawn mowing isn't limited to the elderly.

The thing that really frosts my cookies when it comes to old people - the doctors surgery. Sometimes i just need a prescription or a quick fix so I pop in before work (when i was working hehehe) and there's a dozen or so old people to see the doctor! They shouldn't be allowed to visit a doctor before 10 am, lunch time or after 5pm!

11:29 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

I agree with you 100% Nat. My mum manages a Doctor's Surgery, so I will see if she enforces that rule.

3:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home