surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Surfing at a Concert.

No not crowd surfing.
No not surfing the net.
But actual real surfing, on a surfboard, in the surf.

That was me yesterday, on ANZAC Day.

While Powderfinger where playing on the shore at Currumbin Beach on the Gold Coast, I was out surfing less than 60 metres from the stage and I could hear every word of every song.

My fellow surfers agreed that we had the best ‘seat’ in the ‘house’ and when would we ever get a chance to be surfing while listening to any band, let alone a band as awesome as Powderfinger.

That was the icing on the cake yesterday after getting up at 4am and going to the dawn service.

What a truly inspirational, emotional and deeply meaningful day ANZAC Day is.

I hope all you Aussies and Kiwis out there celebrated the day and also thought about what the day really means.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Bloody awesome mate!!! I reckon that tops the day completely.
We had a BBQ, played tunes and played cricket in the yard :)
Sank some ouzo and colas, and found me Pop on the net...what unit he was with nd where he went in WW2.
If it weren't for our men and women, we'd be speakin Japanese now!!
My pop was at every air raid there was up in Darwin, defending our soil.

4:57 pm  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

I worked.

In an office.

With meetings.

And took a self defense class.


I'd kill to be at the beach.

6:10 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is awesome.

9:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top effort, mate.

If the times were different, I reckon most of those youngsters who stormed the beach at Gallipoli would have taken the surf board option.

Me? I spent Anzac Day in NYC, haranguing Americans into stopping another war.

6:29 am  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

oh by jingo! hehe, you definitely had the best Anzac Day!

ps. send me a pic of you and your board :)

1:09 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Caz - sounds great too.
ED - not good.
Magic - yeah it was bloody great!
Mike - I think you're right.
Smacky - actually a photographer from Sunrise took a photo of me and some mates - I'll try and find it.

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home