surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Why is it so difficult?



Telephone conversations with big companies – why is it so fucking hard?

I called a large electricity company (or you can insert any Tax Dept, telephone, insurance, pay TV or mobile phone company in here, as they are all just as bad) to follow up on an electricity connection to a property :

SurferCam : I set up an electricity account the other day and I just wanted to see how the connection is processing.

Fucking Useless Electricity Company : What’s the address?

SC : Unit 34, Lot 34….

FUEC : Umm we don’t have anything under that address.

SC : Oh well that’s the address it was set up under the other day.

FUEC : You sure?

SC : Yes and I have a Fucking Useless Electricity Company invoice in front of me asking to pay a security deposit. Would you like to try the account number instead?

FUEC : How come you have an invoice from us?

SC : Because I set up the account 2 days ago - on Monday.

FUEC : You did?

SC : Yes. Do you want to check the account number.

FUEC : What’s the number?

SC : 76620446

FUEC : Yeah, that’s not coming up on my system. Any accounts set up prior to June 30 would be on another system which I don’t have access to.

SC : But I only set it up 2 days ago.

FUEC : Right. Are you sure the invoice is from Fucking Useless Electricity Company?

SC : Am I sure? Yes I am sure it's from you because it says it is an invoice is from Fucking Useless Electricity Company that is on Fucking Useless Electricity Company letterhead.

FUEC : Strange.

SC : No, not really, I set it up 2 days ago and now I have an invoice.

FUEC : Strange that it came out so quick.

SC : Well it did.

FUEC : Yeah, it’s still not coming up on my system. Any accounts set up prior to June 30 would be on another system which I don’t have access to so I’ll have to check with someone else.

SC : I don’t see how that is relevant as I only set it up 2 days ago.

FUEC : Right then, well we’ll have to set up a new account for you then.

SC : But I already set one up the other day.

FUEC : Yeah but that's on the old system, so well we’ll have to set up a new account for you then.

After doing my best not too scream at her, an hour later, and several side phone calls between my electrician and another electricity provider, it MIGHT be resolved. Might be…

I will know in 5 working days…..

FUCKING USELESS!

10 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

You should have just ignored the bill and waited for someone to contact you....or cut your electricity off. Either/or. At least you'd know who's supplying you.

Next question!

11:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

having recently built a brand new house and needing to connect all the usual utilities to it, i can honestly say i'd rather slam my fingers in a car door 12 times in quick succession than ever do it again. fuck, that shit.

12:47 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Jeez... I am amazed you managed to refrain from screaming at her!

2:14 pm  
Blogger AS said...

i know, i get annoyed by idiots too!

10:16 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Wow - that's genuinely rubbish service. But it's inevitable dealing with robots.

10:38 am  
Blogger AS said...

spot on Julia!

10:41 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Steph - I would have if my boss wasn't abusing me because power wasn't on. (still not sure how it's my fault...)
Kitty - Agree! Where's the car door!
Sar - I am professional... sometimes...
Dot - Yes they are good at annoying.
Julia - I think I'd rather deal with a robot.

10:47 am  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Damn, that does suck. I absolutely fucking despise the retarded monkeys at Optus. Sorry to any of your readers that work for them, but the ones that I always get are absolute fuck-stains. I try to be polite, but alas, I am not. I'm also happy to apologise when I'm wrong, but I'm not running the multi-million dollar company.

Me: "I'd like a copy of last months bill re-sent to me, please because I'd like to check some of the calls"

Optus: "Have you considered accessing it online?"

Me: "yes, I've tried that, but Optus only allows access to the current bill, not previous bills."

Optus "oh, ok, there will a charge of $5.00 per bill"

Me: "ohhh that's how you contribute the millions of dollars profit each year, I get it! You limit what people can access online so they're obliged to PAY to see their account. Nice strategy"

Oh, fuck. I hate them.

11:04 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Smack - yep absolutely agree with you. And yes I was once connected to Optus and they were terrible.

4:24 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

let's kick them!!!

5:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home