surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, October 22, 2007

Up High & way down Low


It was a roller coaster weekend…


Up High

- Monkey - Her 5th birthday on Saturday which was a very special day.

- Indy - all day Sunday in a corporate box in one of the best positions on track with free beer, wine and food.

- Rugby World Cup - South Africa beat England. I don’t like either team, but I have lots of English friends that would not shut up if they had won… So that’s why I was going for South Africa.

Way Down Low

I got home from Indy last night to be told that a friend of my partners family, a young guy who actually works for my brother-in-law, was murdered on the weekend.

His sister had got into an argument with some other girls and being the loving brother stepped in to defend his sister. One of the other girls returned with a screwdriver and stabbed him, killing him.

Apparently I had met this poor fella before, but I unfortunately I don’t remember him.

Tragic, very tragic.

What is the world coming too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

up highs
- yay
- yay
- double yay !

way downs...
- freaky, unnerving, really sad stuff what just stepping into to help someone might cause.

8:31 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh god, that's tragic.

On a much happier note, happy birthday Monkey.

9:30 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a terrible thing to happen. i'm very sorry to hear it. i do hope that justice will prevail and the bitch goes down for life.

3:40 pm  
Blogger scribble said...

Its all just too sad to comprehend. Some young persons life gone in a second because of an idiots inability to just pull their head in.

3:44 pm  
Blogger Jen said...

That's so sad. How on earth could you operate under the thought process "He annoyed me, I need to end his life", it's so scary that there are people like that walking around out there.

I hope Monkey had a lovely birthday, though.

4:40 pm  
Blogger Enny said...

That is so terrible.

I was going for SA too - I don't really follow the World Cup, but the English just seemed smarmy. Plus Prince William isn't as hot as he used to be.

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home