surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Sydney – Random Stuff


What I had forgotten about Sydney:

What a nightmare parking is.

What a nightmare driving around is.

How noisy it is.

How many homeless people there are.

Just how good the view is of the city / bridge / Opera House at night.

How friendly most people are.

What I hadn’t forgotten about Sydney:

How good the service is in restaurants / cafes.

How great the food is.

How great the pubs are.

Best part of the Weekend :

At the wedding I attended, the view back to the city, bridge and Opera House in the afternoon, then as the sun set, then at night. Truly amazing!

Worst part of the Weekend :

Not being able to get the rent-a-car out of the stupid car park for over an hour, with no help from the hotel staff or the car park staff.

Eventually I got agro enough and lifted the boom gate up physically and then drove out. I hope the gate is now broken. I am also expecting some sort of a fine to arrive in the mail….. I'll be telling them politely that they can go fuck themselves!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I love Sydney. Love love love. I read on the 'news' that Melbourne will have more residents in 2028 than Sydney.

SO?

12:19 pm  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

You know, more than ever, I imagine you as the Dickie Knee type.

Just the back of a head, always wobbling and shaking around rather ADD-like, making snarky jokes.

No face, just the back of a head.

2:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! dickie knee!! i remember that little fucker.

2:49 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Kitty - yeah it is good.
Eileen - wtf? Where did that come from, and why?

3:26 pm  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

I don't know! Just... you know, random little interjections here and there...

You remind me of him.

In a GOOD way.

8:51 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Haha Dickie Knee!

9:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, there's no dispute that, geographically, that harbour gives Sydney an undisputed edge view-wise.

Sometimes I get to talk with foreigners who are thinking of visiting Australia. All of their mates have seen Sydney and they want to be different. "What about Melbourne?", they ask. My response, "If you want to see a city like Melbourne, stay in Europe or North America. If you must see an Australian city, choose Sydney because of the harbour."

Of course, then I tell them about Kakadu (The only place where an entire river is enclosed in a national park from its uppermost catchment right down to the sea. And there are five such rivers in Kakadu), Tasmania's south-west (cleanest air on the planet), Fraser Island (largest sand island) ...

OK, I'll shut up now.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

I lived on the harbour when I was in the Navy...I see that they are selling off the old base as the land is just too valuable for the government to resist. I woke to the best view in Sydney :) I still hate the traffic

6:42 pm  
Blogger Brian said...

There is one harbor to rival Sydney. It is Nain Labrador. My view is just miles of water, high hills, not a high rise in sight, no ferries to crash into, no drunken recreation boaters, and arguably the cleanest air on the planet.
But, for a harbor that is overdeveloped, then Sydney wins hands down.

12:43 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

ED - not sure about that...
JB - Hey! No laughing at my expense!
Mike - Yeah its a great harbour.
Scorp - Interesting. I drove past the Navy land and thought the Gov should sell it off to pay for some better Navy equipment.
Brian - Welcome mate! Just checked out your blog. Looks freeezing over there! Long way from BrisVegas!

10:38 am  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

sounds like a trip to downtown LA. Except for the good views, that is.

4:21 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

6:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home