surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

I’m Back.

I’m Back. Whether you like it or not.

And I’m also back at work today which I am just thrilled about….

Christmas & New Year recap.

Weather : The weather where I live on the Gold Coast is supposed to be hot days with blue skies and perfect weather in the late 20’s early 30’s (80’s and 90’s for all the Americano’s playing at home).

The plan was to surf as much as possible and make the most of the $5,000 we just spent on fixing our pool.

Unfortunately, for most of my 11 days off, the weather was shit – cloudy, stormy, raining, windy as hell, and sometimes cold. I even had a jumper (sweater) on a couple of times.

Christmas Eve : Should from now on be known as “watch Dad get drunk and try to assemble toys at midnight in the dark.”

Christmas Day : Ate and drank myself stupid.

New Years Eve : Ate and drank myself stupid. Fell asleep at 9pm. Yes, I know how to party….

Apart from spending some really good quality time with the Monkey, my 11 days off was fairly boring and very disappointing. And I think I put on about 10 kilos, mainly due to trying to drink the local brewery dry….

6 Comments:

Blogger MikeFitz said...

... assemble toys at midnight in the dark

The three most terrifying words a parent can read on Christmas Eve are "Some Assembly Required".

11:17 pm  
Blogger Mike from Adelaide said...

The most terrifying words a parent can hear in the lead up to Christmas:

"I want a bike"

Which leads to reading the words in the previous reply...

7:43 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

The Two Mikes have hit the nail on the head!
Congratulations, you both win a complicated mystery flat-pack from Ikea with some assembly required and no allen-keys...

8:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehehe, wavey davey has to do all the assembly work in this house! we are an old fashioned bunch round here cam! i suck cock, he assembles the chrissy presents. i'm sooo getting the better dealio. :P

6:52 pm  
Blogger Steph said...

I think I put on about three kilos myself *cries* Christmas should be only every second year.

6:54 pm  
Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

Good job with all the drinking! It sucks you couldn't do it in your swimshorts by the pool.

7:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home