surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Public Apology

When I was young and stupid - no not yesterday - but when I was about 16, I went out with this girl.
After only 1 week she dumped me because I was, and I quote, “too nice”.
SC : Too nice?
Girl : Yeah. We don’t argue or anything like that. There’s no conflict.
SC: But it’s only been a week!
Girl : “ ”
SC : Ok then, bye.

She was right, I am a nice guy, but I’m not that nice a guy.
And to prove it, what did I do?
Well, myself and a few mates were drunk one night and happen to be passing her house. So we stopped out the front, and abused her at the top of our drunken voices, calling her a slut and a bitch amongst many other colourful things.

A few days later I received a call.
Caller : Is that Cam?
SC : Yes.
Caller : It’s (girl’s) brother here, Matt.
SC : Oh yes *I wonder why he is calling*
Matt : The other night when you and your mates were out the front of my place calling my sister a slut and a bitch, we were all sitting down to a nice family dinner – me, my mum and dad, and even my grandmother was there.
SC : oh *please let me die*
Matt : We heard EVERYTHING!
SC : I’m so sorry about that we were drunk and it was stupid to….
Matt : Watch your back! *click*

OH! FUCK!
It was about then that I remembered more about Matt – he was a few years older, a lot bigger and was expelled in Grade 10 for stealing a car! Yes Grade 10!
Luckily for me, I never heard from him or his sister again and that was the end of it.

A year later, I was leaving a unit during schoolies week when the lift doors opened up and I walked in.
And as I walked in, who should be in there – fucking Matt!
OH! FUCK! I was already in the lift and couldn’t back out.
I barely lifted my head and hid in the corner the whole way to the ground floor. It was the longest lift ride in my life!
“See ya mate,” Matt said as he got out, not realising who I was.
I was speechless. I ran to my car without stopping and drove home still scared shitless.

So, after 15 years, I would like to publicly apologise to the following family members :
- Girl I went out with
- Her Sister
- Her Brother
- Her Mother
- Her Father
- and of course, her beloved Grandmother.

7 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

"too nice"

i was talking about this with a girlfriend last week - all i could come up with to describe a guy i've been kinda seeing lately is 'sweet' since when is that a negative? Do i really want some guy thats been heart broken and bitter?

Is the statement treat them mean keep them keen want women want? We complain when a guy is 'nice' or 'sweet' (also very young - 8 years younger in fact) we also complain if a guy is arrogant... I feel for you guys.

No more Mr Nice Guy hey?

11:59 am  
Blogger Jules said...

Great story. I can just see them sitting around the dinner table, awkwardly passing the gravy boat, trying to distract nana from the outside noise.

2:26 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Ahhh, we live and learn mate. Dontcha wish ya coulda picked another time to show her you weren't that nice a guy, LOL.

3:35 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

Too funny mate...but she deserved it...they should never use the 'N'word. It's just not called for!! :)

8:21 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

thats a fantastic story!! LOL hilarious

You know, I have been told that I am too nice this last month by 4 different people!

what the hell!?

11:33 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Nat - Yeah we've got it tough. I'm still relatively nice, some of the time...
Soisbelle - I think that's EXACTLY what happened. (I tried to get onto your blog, but Blogger wouldn't let me...)
Caz - Yes, I have learnt my lesson, and as usual, I learnt the hard way.
Scorpy - Thanks for the backup.
Smacky - I think you need to do something about that, but I don't suggest why I did...

9:34 am  
Blogger Julia said...

Oops, soisbelle is me Jules/Relookage - no idea why that's come up.

2:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home