surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Real Estate agents – they just don’t get it.

Even though I have two really good mates who are Real Estate agents, and I know some very good ones, there are a lot out there who are HOPELESS!!!!!!

This Dodgy Incompetent Arsehole Real Estate Agent that I have the unfortunate pleasure of meeting a few weeks ago calls me yesterday...

DIAREA : I’d just like to follow up with what you are looking for.

SurferCam : A house or a duplex pair.

DIAREA : Ok, and where are you looking?

SC : Miami, Burleigh and Mermaid.

DIAREA : Ok, and how much are you looking to spend?

SC : Around half a mill.

DIAREA : Ok. I have a house in Varsity Lakes, it’s….

SC : No. Not interested in Varsity Lakes.

DIAREA : Ok, I have a townhouse in….

SC : No. Not interested in townhouses.

DIAREA : Oh. Ok, where are you looking for?

SC : *for fucks sake* I said before, Miami, Burleigh and Mermaid only.

DIAREA : Oh right ok. And what are you looking for?

SC : *you gotta be kidding me* A house or a duplex pair only.

DIAREA : Right, I don't have anything at the moment, but I’ll keep you in mind.

SC : Great. You do that.

6 Comments:

Blogger Doll Face said...

Ohhhhh!!! I can have fun with this one. Now which is best.

ME: "Are you looking at a property to rent or to buy?"

Idiot: Both

*WTF you know much money you got. You're wasting my F'in time"

ME: How many bedrooms?

Idiot: What do you have?

ME: Great, we have studio's starting at $380K and the penthouse for $3.2 - $3.4

Idiot: Can I see both?

*OMG Nooooooooooo!!!!!*


**********************

REA: How much are you looking at spending?

Me: Between X - X

REA: we have one for X + auodhfv

*like i can just pull an extra $80K out of my arse - its a one bedroom for me only*

Yours sincerely,

LREA, SMA, SSA.
yep i hold 3 licenses and i hate agents!

11:46 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

Nice one Nat!
Do you work as an agent or something else?

12:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I cant believe how many RECEPTIONISTS (theres a reason your answering fones love) give me attitude when i walk in and ask for a list of their rentals AND their sales book.
They always ask "why?" and then act like im an idiot.
No love, you are.
Ive even had one refuse. She told me I could have one OR the other.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Seeing a salesman walk in I accosted him with a "hi, im looking to buy in the area, could you help me?" and was greated with all smiles. They quickly dissapeared when I asked him to explain to his idiot receptionist that i wanted the rental list too, and dont like being asked WHY or REFUSED access to it because she didnt understand.

Call me crazy, but when researching an investment property, you dont just want to know what the house COSTS but also what your rental return might be.

4:03 pm  
Blogger Doll Face said...

I'm actually not working at the moment. Retrenched twice, made redundant one - all within 2 years. Ouch! I moved out of agency practice into property development. construction project manager i will be when i get a job. Rural land is my specialty AKA land rapist.

2:58 pm  
Blogger Ms Smack said...

Thats appalling. How on earth do they earn their commission?

Honestly, I'd target places you want to buy. Put a note in their letterbox. Sounds weird, odd even, but the seller wants to avoid their stupid costs too.

You just never know!!

Goodluck!

1:18 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Smacky - I'm thinking about doing exactly that.

12:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home