surfercam

Making the average day more interesting... That's me below in the green, snogging the Pig. We've all snogged a few pigs in our lives.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Alive!

Being a massive Rugby Union fan, and not liking Soccer at all, I was very pleased to hear this:

Remember the movie "Alive" - the true story about the Old Christians rugby team from Uruguay, who while flying to a game in Chile in 1972, crashed in the Andes.
16 of the 45-strong squad were rescued 72 days later, after having survived by eating the flesh of their dead teammates.
One of those survivors, Nando Parado, was interviewed by an American rugby magazine over the summer, and made the case that the one thing they had going for them in those extreme conditions was that they were a team.
And not just any team. A rugby team, used to "breathing each other's sweat".
As a matter of fact, Nando says, "If we had been a soccer team, we would have died …".

7 Comments:

Blogger Pete and Ains said...

That is awesome... I think I will have to download that one...
"ALIVE - The Story of the Andes Survivors"

11:13 am  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

thanks for the History lesson, but yes, I do remember that movie, I watched it when I was little on Channel 0 as it was back then.
I wasn't much into Rugby intil my other half bought me the Cosmopolitan Magazine this last week when he shopped. Now, I don't buy mags as a rule, they bore me with all their advertising..but...there is a spread, for want of a more apt term...of Rugby players semi nude in it.
OMG, I tell ya, it was such a turn on, I was wishing my kids could go for a drive somewhere so I could...oh well, won;t paint a pRono picture here now of me and hubby, LOL.
The hottest guy was Riley Brown from the Newcastle Knights..tell me, is he a good player too?

11:39 am  
Blogger surfercam said...

P&A - it's an awesome movie.
Caz - that's rugby league - I have no idea.

12:41 pm  
Blogger Scorpy said...

ROFLMAO...the soccer players wouldn't want to eat their boyfriends unless they were alive LOL

1:24 pm  
Blogger surfercam said...

Nice one Scorpy - that's the best call I've heard in a long time.

4:19 pm  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Hey..no idea is a deer with no eyes..so my kids tell me, LOL.
I don;t have a clue either, I was dragged up through the AFL VFL

7:15 pm  
Blogger Julia said...

Back off!

4:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home